8 small flour tortillas, taco size
2 cups shredded Pepper jack jack cheese (divided)
2 1/2 cups cooked chicken strips, or shredded chicken
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/3 cup Italian dressing (divided)
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup sour cream
1- 4 oz can diced green chiles
Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken together, 1 Tbs Italian dressing, and 1 cup cheese
- Evenly distribute the chicken mixture amongst the tortillas, and roll up. Place seam side down in prepared pan.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan oven medium-high heat.
- Add flour; cook and stir until incorporated
- Add the chicken stock and whisk until it is smooth
- Bring to a soft boil, it should be thick.
- Stir in the sour cream, remaining Italian dressing, and diced green chiles.
- Pour the sauce over the enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro and serve
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Zesty White Chicken Enchiladas @ eazypeazymealz.com