2 tablespoons sesame oil
6 green onions , sliced, green and white parts divided
1/2 cup red onion , diced
5 cloves garlic , minced
1 pound ground pork
1 teaspoon fresh , grated ginger
2-3 tablespoons compliant hot sauce , or chili-garlic sauce or Sriracha if not on Whole30
14 ounce bag coleslaw mix
3 tablespoons coconut aminos (buy here) or soy sauce / tamari if not Whole30 or paleo
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
salt , to taste
black sesame seeds , for garnish
1/4 cup compliant mayonnaise , ideally my garlic mayonnaise
- Pour sesame oil into large skillet and place over medium heat.
- Add white parts of green onions, diced red onion, and garlic and saute, stirring frequently, until red onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground pork, grated ginger, and 1 tablespoon hot sauce or chili-garlic sauce and cook until pork is browned, broken up, and cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add coleslaw mix, coconut aminos or soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, white pepper, and salt, to taste, and stir until well combined. Cook, stirring regularly, until cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1-2 tablespoons compliant hot sauce. Add a pinch of salt, to taste. To drizzle, place creamy chili sauce in a small plastic sandwich bag.
- To plate: spoon a hearty helping of the pork-cabbage mixture in a serving bowl. Snip off the corner of the sandwich bag with the creamy chili sauce and drizzle over pork-cabbage mixture. Garnish with green parts of the green onions and black sesame seeds.
Original recipe visit: Whole30 Egg Roll in a Bowl (Paleo) @ 40aprons.com