1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, no added salt
2 cans (15-oz. each) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
1 Tbsp. curry powder
1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1 dash ground cayenne pepper (optional)
1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 (10-oz.) bag raw baby spinach
1 cup lite coconut milk
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Place onion mixture in 3-quart slow cooker.
- Add broth, tomatoes (with juice), chickpeas, curry powder, maple syrup, ginger, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well; cover. Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Add cauliflower. Mix well; cover. Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Add spinach and coconut milk. Mix well; cover. Cook on high for 10 minutes, or until spinach wilts.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Vegan Slow Cooker Stew With Chickpeas and Spinach @ justasimplehome.com