2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 Rodelle Madagascar vanilla bean
1/2 tsp Rodelle vanilla paste or pure vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 lb butter
1 pkg pistachio pudding 3.4 oz
1 tsp Rodelle pure vanilla extract
5-6 cups powdered sugar
4-6 Tbs milk
Chopped pistachios optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until combined, set aside.
- In another bowl beat together your butter and sugar until fluffy, add in your eggs 1 at a time until blended
- Mix in your vanilla bean and vanilla paste.
- Alternate adding your dry ingredients and milk into your wet ingredients.
- Place in 2 9″ prepared cake pans and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden and they spring back.
- Remove from oven and turn onto cooling racks to fully cool.
- Meanwhile to make frosting, in large bowl beat your butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in pudding and vanilla and then add in your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Once sugar is added add in your milk slowly until you reach your desired consistency and continue to beat on high for about 5 minutes to fluff up.
- On turnstyle or cake stand place one layer of your cake and then spread about 1 cup of your frosting in the center and spread to about 1/2″ from sides.
- Top with second layer of cake and then spread frosting around the top and sides of your cake until covered, reserving about 1 cup of your frosting for decorating.
- To make a textured cake using a offset spatula place gently on the bottom of your cake and press into frosting and spin cake around, repeat in rows until you reach the top of your cake.
- Pipe remaining frosting into large roses on top of cake then sprinkle with pistachios.
Original recipe visit: Vanilla Bean Pistachio Cake @ tornadoughalli.com