Pumpkin can’t wait anymore! It’s that time of year to revel in all things pumpkin, like this Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Skillet Brownie!
YIELD: 1 10-INCH SKILLET
Triple Chocolate Brownie:
1/2 cup Butter, melted and cooled
1 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips, divided – 1 cup Melted and cooled, 1/4 for finish
1/2 cup Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 cups Flour
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
Pumpkin Cheesecake Topping:
4 oz. Cream Cheese, room temp.
¼ cup Sugar
⅓ cup Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (*If you’re feeling daring, mix the brownie batter right in the skillet you’re going to bake them in! Or feel free to use a large bowl instead – because less dishes is a win!)
- In a large bowl with a whisk or spatula, combine butter, 1 cup melted and cooled chocolate, brown and white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda until a batter forms.
- Spoon the batter into a oven proof skillet, cast iron or stainless steel that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Even the batter out and press to within 1/2″ of the edges of the skillet – the brownie will spread out, but leave the room between the batter and the sides of the skillet so the edges don’t over cook. Create a bit of a ridge or ring around the brownie (like a pizza) so when you pour the cheesecake mixture it starts right on top of the brownie.
- In a small bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese with the sugar until smooth. Stir in the pumpkin puree, the egg and the pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Pour on top of the brownie in the skillet.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are set and a toothpick placed in the middle of the brownie comes out clean.
- Let the brownie cool on a wire rack in the skillet until just warm – about 45 minutes. It will still be very soft in the middle, but as it cools, the brownie will set entirely.
Recipe by: countrycleaver.com