The BEST authentic Tres Leches Cake. An ultra light cake soaked in a sweet milk mixture and topped with fresh whipped cream and cinnamon. This simple Mexican dessert is one of our favorites!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 large eggs , separated
1 cup sugar , divided
1/3 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 oz can evaporated milk
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup whole milk
For the whipped topping:
1 pint Heavy Cream , for Whipping
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
ground cinnamon , for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9×13” pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Separate the eggs into two separate bowls.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar to the bowl with the egg yolks and mix on high speed until yolks are pale yellow. Add the 1/3 cup milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and stir gently just until combined (don’t over-mix).
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites on high speed. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar as you mix and continue beating until stiff peaks.
- Visit Tres Leches Cake @ tastesbetterfromscratch.com for full instructions.