2 large oranges (2/3 cup fresh orange juice and 1/2 teaspoon zest)
2 large lemons (1/3 cup fresh lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon poppyseeds
1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, thoroughly drained
2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
3 kiwis, peeled, halved, and sliced
1 cup seedless grapes
1 cups blueberries
2 large mangoes, peeled and diced
1 cup blackberries
1 cup raspberries
- Bring the orange juice and zest, lemon juice and zest, and brown sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes). Remove the dressing from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and poppyseeds. Set aside to cool completely.
- Remove the stems from strawberries and chop into large chunks. Add to the bowl.
- Thoroughly drain the mandarin oranges, remove the stems and thinly slice the strawberries, and peel the kiwis, halve them, and then thinly slice them. Remove the grapes from the stems.
- In a large bowl, add in the prepared mandarin oranges, sliced strawberries, sliced kiwis, grapes, blueberries, mangoes, blackberries, and raspberries.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly toss the ingredients together.
- Return to the fridge to allow to cool and let the flavors meld.
- Serve after the salad has been chilled, tossing once more.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: The Best Ever Fruit Salad @ chelseasmessyapron.com