For the chicken:
3 cups shredded, cooked chicken breasts
¼ cup soy sauce
3 tablespoonsfish sauce
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
½ teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
For the slaw:
2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
1 thinly sliced celery stalk
½ cup matchstick cut carrots
¼ cup lightly packed chopped cilantro
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
½ teaspoon sesame oil
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
For the peanut sauce:
½ cup creamy natural peanut butter
¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2½ tablespoons honey
juice and zest of one lime
1 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon red curry paste or curry powder
1 shallot, chopped
2 tablespoons chili paste
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
8 corn tortillas
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes to warm through. While the chicken cooks, whisk the soy sauce, fish sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger, hoisin, garlic and pepper to combine.
- Add the sauce mixture to the chicken and continue cooking until the sauce reduces by ½. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cabbage, celery, carrots and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the slaw with the dressing to combine.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the peanut butter, broth, soy sauce, honey, lime juice and zest, garlic, curry, shallot, chili paste and vinegar.
- Blend to combine until smooth. Set aside.
- Toast the tortillas over an open flame or in a skillet until lightly charred, working one at a time. Place the toasted tortillas on a plate and cover until all tortillas are done.
- Spoon ¼ cup of chicken into the center of the tortilla.
- Top with slaw and peanut sauce.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime, if desired.
Original recipe visit: Thai Chicken Tacos with Spicy Peanut Sauce @ laurenkellynutrition.com