14 oz angel food cake (the round kind)
1 lb strawberries, diced in very small pieces
3/4 cup whipping cream
3 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 lb white chocolate
- Using your hands, crumble up the angel food cake as much as you can and place in a large bowl. Angel food cake doesn’t crumble quite as well as regular cakes, but don’t worry about the larger pieces.
- Set the cake crumbs aside and mix up the frosting. Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form and then add the remaining ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- Add the frosting to the angel food cake crumbs and use the mixer to combine – using the mixer will help to finish the crumbling of the cake into finer crumbs.
- Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on waxed paper. Freeze the balls for about an hour before dipping.
- You can use any chocolate you like for dipping – I used this White Chocolate from Chocoley.com – I absolutely love using their chocolate because it melts so easily and smoothly and the taste is incredible! To melt the chocolate, microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval just until chocolate is smooth and completely melted.
- Dip each cake ball in the melted chocolate and place on waxed paper to set.
- Keep truffles in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Strawberry Shortcake Truffles @ butterwithasideofbread.com