4oz (115gr) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1 puff pastry, thawed
1/4 cup strawberry jam
1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Unfold the puff pastry on the prepared baking sheet. With a sharp knife, score the pastry about ¼ inch from the edges to create a border. Be careful not to cut all the way through though.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on the crust inside the border.
- Spoon strawberry jam on the cream cheese mixture and carefully swirl it into the cream cheese mixture.
- In a small dish, mix the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water to make an egg wash.
- Brush the egg wash on the edges of the tart.
- Bake the tart for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is puffed up and golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Original recipe visit: Strawberry Cheesecake Tart @ sweetandsavorybyshinee.com