3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cornstarch
12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
5 tbsp strawberry puree
- Coat cupcake pan with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together for 5-7 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Dough will be thick.
- Makes balls of about 2 tbsp of dough. Press cookie dough in bottom and about 1/3-1/2 way up the sides of each cupcake cup, forming a cup shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling. The centers should fall a bit while cooling, but if the centers aren’t cupped enough to add filling, use the underside of a measuring tablespoon to press the center down a bit.
- Once cookie have cooled, make the cheesecake filling. Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and strawberry puree until smooth.
- Pipe the cheesecake filling into the cookie cups and top with a fresh strawberry. Cookie cups should be refrigerated until served.
Original recipe visit: Strawberry Cheesecake Chocolate Cookie Cups @ lifeloveandsugar.com