(1) 12-oz package fresh, uncooked cranberries, diced
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped (optional)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Dash of salt
(2) 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
- In a medium-sized bowl, add chopped cranberries, green onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Pour sugar, lemon juice and salt over cranberry mixture and stir gently until blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least one hour. If you prefer less tart cranberries, keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- Take cranberry mixture out of the refrigerator and stir all ingredients together. Strain out the liquid using a collander with small holes.
- Spread cream cheese over bottom of a pie plate or 9×9 dish.
- Pour cranberry mixture atop cream cheese and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with Ritz crackers and enjoy!
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Spicy and Sweet Cranberry Jalapeno Dip @ sparrowsandlily.com