1 lb. mild breakfast sausage
3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
8 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Crumble up the sausage in a skillet and cook over medium high heat until no longer pink. Drain and transfer to a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded hash browns over the top of the sausage and top with the shredded cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the entire top of the sausage, hash browns, and cheese.
- Cover the casserole and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, remove the casserole from the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or so before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the breakfast casserole, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or the center of the casserole is set. Enjoy!
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Savory Breakfast Casserole @ writtenreality.com