This sumptuous brownie recipe will make you want to bake it over, and, over again!
“This recipe looks amazingly indulgent!”
For the blondies:
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup butter, softened
¾ cups light brown sugar, packed
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
For the caramel:
½ cup white sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup , see post for the link to buy or substitute with light corn syrup
½ cup butter
1 tablespoon whipping cream
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the topping:
12 oz Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 f/ 170c degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch silicone baking pan.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together into a large mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl. beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in until fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture by hand until combined (this avoids a cake-like consistency).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, give the pan a little shake. If it giggles in the middle, put the pan back in and try again every 5 minutes until there is no longer a giggle.
- Set aside to cool.
For the caramel: READ MORE