3 Tbsp. olive oil
½ red pepper
½ yellow pepper
½ orange pepper
½ small zucchini
½ small yellow squash
½ c. chopped purple onion
2 oz. mushrooms
½ c. corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
½ c. black beans, rinsed and drained
8 corn tortillas
2 c. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
½ c. half & half
2 cans diced green chiles
1½ tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Chop vegetables into ¾ inch pieces.
- Toss vegetables (including corn, but not black beans) with 3 Tbsp. olive oil and spread on a large rimmed baking pan.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Add black beans to roasted vegetables.
- Heat corn tortillas slightly to soften, then fill each tortilla with approximately ⅓ cup roasted vegetable mixture.
- Roll tightly and place seam-side down in 9×13 inch pan.
- Repeat until all the tortillas are filled.
- Prepare the chile verde sauce by combining half & half, diced green chiles, cumin, salt, and garlic cloves.
- Pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with shredded cheese and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Top with fresh cilantro.
Original recipe visit: Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas @ lemontreedwelling.com