This delectable cake recipe calls for a Red Velvet cake batter and a cheesecake layer over top of pecans, coconut and chocolate chips. While baking the cake undergoes a seismic shift which explains its name. Fabulous for Christmas and Valentine’s Day or other holiday baking.
1 Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix
1 cup coconut
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
8 oz. cream cheese
1 stick unsalted butter 1/2 cup
4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 9×13” baking dish.
- Spread pecans, coconut and then chocolate chips in the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions.
- Spread over top of chocolate chips.
- Melt butter and cream cheese over low to medium heat in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat. READ MORE