This ice cream would make a fabulous addition to your Thanksgiving dessert menu. It would be great just by itself or use a scoop of it on top of your pumpkin pie for a lot of pumpkin flavor!
“This sounds delicious!!”
1 1/2 C heavy cream
1 C half and half
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/8 tsp salt
4 egg yolks
1 C pumpkin pie filling
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 oatmeal cookies broken up
- Heat cream, half and half, sugars and salt in a pan until sugars are dissolved.
- In another bowl mix the egg yolks.
- Slowly add in 1 C of hot mixture to temper egg yolks. Stir while adding.
- Put the egg mixture back into the bowl with the remaining hot mixture and stir.
- Place bowl into a pan of water or a double boiler and stir until thickened and mixture coats a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in pumpkin pie filling and vanilla.
Pour through a mesh strainer and refrigerate until cold.
Pour mixture into ice cream mixture and process until done.
Stir in broken up cookies and place in freezer to harden up.
Recipe by: yourhomebasedmom.com