Polar Bear Paw Cupcakes Recipe – These polar bear cupcakes are just like teddy bear paws! I’m LOVING the coconut fur on them! You can use any flavour of cupcake you want for these, but I definitely recommend a light coloured frosting to get the “fur” look. I used a tub of store bought Home Style Creamy Vanilla icing just to save time, but homemade buttercream would be amazing if you make your own frosting.
Here’s what you’ll need for these cupcakes:
Vanilla or Buttercream Frosting
Coconut Flakes (I used plain unsweetened coconut)
York Peppermint Patties
Dark Chocolate Covered Raisins
- Bake the cupcakes according to the package directions. Or of course, you can whip them up from scratch if you have enough time.
- Using a knife, cover the top of the cupcake with a generous amount of frosting. It needs to be thick enough to hold the chocolate and coconut in place, so make sure the entire top is evenly covered and don’t be stingy.
- Press the York Peppermint Patty into the icing towards the edge, like in the photo below. Press it so it goes all the way through the icing until it hits the cupcake. The icing will hold it in place.
- Find three similarly sized dark chocolate covered raisins and press them into the icing above the peppermint patty.Find three similarly sized dark chocolate covered raisins and press them into the icing above the peppermint patty.
- If you miss any spots, use a spoon to press some coconut flakes into the frosting. Some of the spots between the toes didn’t quite make it into the coconut, but other than that, it was pretty well covered.
- I used heavier silver cupcake liners, but I’m not sure I’d really recommend them for this? They are definitely pretty, but they come off the cupcakes really easily, so it made it really difficult to grip the cupcakes from the bottom to get them dipped in the coconut.
- Just use regular paper cupcake liners, and then if you want a pretty patterned liner, just put the cupcakes into another liner after they’re baked. (Don’t remove the first liner, or you’ll end up with a mess!)
- They’ll be double lined in the end, but it will give them a nice clean look.