4 slices bacon diced
1 lb pork sage sausage
1/2 red bell pepper diced
1/2 sweet onion diced
1/2 green bell pepper diced
3 teaspoons minced garlic
3 white mushrooms washed and sliced
24 oz . bag of diced hash browns OR potatoes O’Brian thawed, I used the latter
1 cup shredded cheese I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar
4 large eggs beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 13″ x 9″ baking dish. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until almost all pieces are crispy. Add sausage and cook until done.
- Add garlic and all diced veggies (onion, peppers and mushrooms). Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the sausage veggie mixture and half of cheese to potatoes and stir in gently. Spread the mixture in prepared baking dish.
- In a large measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Pour the egg mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 40 to 43 minutes or until sizzling and the cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Perfect Breakfast Casserole @ crunchycreamysweet.com