Peach Pie Bars are awesome. Oh my heavens, this is another fabulous cookie recipe with peaches. I absolutely drooled over these wonderful bars. They have a nice shortbread-type crust with a luscious homemade peach pie filling and a streusel topping. While this dessert has some similarities to my Peach Crumb Bars in the layering effect, they are really completely different in texture and taste. But they certainly both belong to the “scrumptious” category!
“Yummy!! these look great!!”
3 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour bleached flour toughens baked goods
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
3 sticks unsalted butter chilled
PEACH PIE FILLING:
3 cups peaches
1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- Stir sugar, salt and flour together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
- Measure out 1 ½ cups of ingredients for topping and set aside.
- Press remaining ingredients into the bottom of a greased 9×13” glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
PEACH PIE FILLING: READ MORE