1 1/4 cups (125 grams) blanched almond flour
2 1/2 tablespoons (20 grams) coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs (50 grams each, out of shell), room temperature
5 tablespoons (70 grams) refined coconut oil, melted (if you use unrefined coconut oil there may be some coconut taste to the muffins)
1/3 cup (106 grams) pure Canadian maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup (90 grams) coarsely grated Granny Smith apples
1 1/4 cups (155 grams) Granny Smith apple chunks (about 1/4″)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin pan with 8 muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (almond flour through nutmeg). Set this aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, pure Canadian maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and mix just until combined.
- Gently fold in the grated apples and then the chopped apples.
- Divide the batter evenly among the liners, filling them almost full, and bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for 1 day or refrigerate for up to 4.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Paleo Apple Muffins (grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free) @ texanerin.com