Overnight Creme Brulee French Toast tastes like glorious Creme Brulee and can be thrown together in 15 minutes and made the night before for stress free breakfast and entertaining!
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 loaf 2 day-old French bread cut into 1” slices
1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and brown sugar, stirring occasionally until smooth. Pour melted mixture into a lightly greased jelly roll pan (18″x13″x1″), and spread out evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer to cover the pan (as many as will fit).
- Add eggs to a medium bowl and beat for 1 minute, then whisk in half and half, maple syrup, vanilla, orange extract and salt. Pour or spoon mixture evenly over each piece of bread then lightly sprinkle bread with cinnamon. Cover, and refrigerate at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees (175 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden then flip all the slices of bread over and broil until the tops are golden.
- Top with syrup, berries, whipped cream, etc.
RECIPE NOTES (READ MORE)
Recipe by: carlsbadcravings.com