3 pounds russet potatoes (about 3 large potatoes), cut into 1/4-inch-thick sticks
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 to 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place fries in a large bowl and cover with cold water; set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the seasoning mix by combining chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, grated parmesan, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl; mix until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and generously grease with cooking spray; set aside.
- Drain, rinse, and lay the fries on a paper towel lined baking sheet to dry.
- Grab more paper towels and dry the potato fries thoroughly.
- Transfer fries to a large mixing bowl and mix in the vegetable oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mixture to the potatoes; mix and stir until well combined.
- Evenly lay the potato fries on previously prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden, flipping once half way through cooking.
- Remove from oven and taste for seasonings; adjust to taste with the remaining seasoning mix.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Original recipe visit: Oven Baked Seasoned French Fries @ diethood.com