A moist and delicious carrot cake chuck full of flavor and texture, topped with the best cream cheese frosting you will ever have.
1½ cups white sugar
½ cup oil
¾ cup sour milk, put 1 tsp lemon juice in a your measuring cup and then fill to ¾ cup with milk, let sit for 3-5 minutes
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour, I did one cup whole wheat one cup all purpose
2½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salts
2 cup finely shredded carrot. (don’t do the big shred or they will still be a little crunchy even after cooking)
1 cup crushed pineapple, don’t drain
1 cup shredded coconut
½ cup walnuts, plus more for garnish on frosted cake if desired
1 cup raisins (optional) (I do not add raisins)
See recipe for Frosting here
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour two circle cake pans. (I also lined mine with a cutout of waxed paper to make them come out nice and perfect (picture below)
- In your mixer or with a hand mixer, combine sugar, oil, eggs and milk. Mix well.
- Add vanilla and mix until combined
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Visit Out of this World Carrot Cake Recipe with Callie’s Cream Cheese Icing @ reallifedinner.com for full instructions.