2 large chicken breasts, pounded to even level & chopped into 1 inch cube pieces
salt & pepper
1/4 cup almond meal
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup orange juice
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup coconut aminos
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon arrowroot + 1 tablespoon cold water (combined)
½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Place a large saute pan over medium high heat. In a small bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour, garlic powder, ginger, salt & pepper. Crack the egg in another small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Season the chicken pieces with a little salt and pepper the dip the chicken into the egg and completely coat. Shake off extra egg and then roll into the breading mixture until fully coated and set aside onto a plate. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Depending on the size of your pan, you will probably have to cook the chicken in two rounds. Scoop 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into the pan. Once it melts, add in about half the chicken, or just enough to not overcrowd the pan. Cook pieces for about 3 minutes then flip them and cook another 3 minutes on the other side. Remove from the pan and set aside. Continue with remaining oil and chicken until all of the chicken is cooked.
- In large sauté pan add in all of the sauce ingredients, except for the arrowroot.
- Over medium heat cook until it is brought to a boil. Once the sauce is boiling add in the arrowroot and water mixture and quickly stir until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the sauce is thick, toss chicken in the sauce, making sure all of the pieces are covered. Serve with cauliflower rice.
Original recipe visit: Orange Chicken (Paleo, Whole30) @ littlebitsof.com