2 1/2 C Mixed Pitted Olives such as Black Kalamata, Green, drained, 345g
2 Tbs Capers drained
2 Tbs Marinated Sun Dried Tomatoes drained
1 Tbs Garlic chopped
1 tsp Oregano dried
4 Tbs Fresh Parsley Leaves chopped
1 Tbs Fresh Basil Leaves chopped
1 Tbs Lemon Juice about 1/2 a lemon
1/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil 50g
A few grinds of black pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the olives, capers, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper.
- For a relish, pulse a few times, then scrape down bowl. Pulse a few more times, and the relish will be ready.
- For a chunky spread (pictured here), pulse up to 15-17 times, stopping to scrape down the bowl a few times.
- For a spreadable tapenade, process until a paste is formed, stopping to scrape down the bowl a few times.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and olive oil for drizzling.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Original recipe visit: Olive Tapenade @ vanillaandbean.com