Mint Cheesecake Bars! A cool and creamy mint cheesecake baked on top of a mint oreo crust. Drizzle with some extra chocolate for a decadent treat! The fun green color makes this dessert perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
24 Mint Oreo Cookies
2 tbsp unsalted butter , melted
12 ounces cream cheese , softened
⅓ cup white granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
½ tsp mint extract
green food coloring, I used Wilton Leaf Green gel color
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a square baking dish with foil or parchment paper, if using foil spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Place the Oreo cookies into a food processor or blender (the entire cookie, filling and all). Pulse until they become a fine powder, no large chunks.
- Pour the crushed Oreo cookies into a medium size bowl. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs. Stir until completely mixed.
- Spoon the cookie crumbs into the prepared baking dish. Using the back of the spoon press the crumbs down in an even layer to form the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheesecake by beating the cream cheese in a medium size mixing bowl on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the sugar, egg and egg yolk, and peppermint extract. Mix on medium speed until fully mixed. Mixture should be smooth with no lumps. Add the green food coloring and mix.
- Pour the cheesecake over the baked crust. Smooth out using a rubber spatula.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until the cheesecake is only slightly wobbly in the very center.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature. Then place the baking dish in the refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours prior to cutting and serving.
- Top with chocolate sauce if desired. Serve and enjoy!
- Store in refrigerator in a covered container, will last 3-5 days.