Classic Rice Krispies topped with caramel and chocolate make the perfect Milky Way Rice Krispie Treats. I was in love with these when I made them. Not only are they gorgeous and easy to make but they’re sinfully good! I’m a huge Rice Krispie fan and my all-time favorite has been my Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats but these Milky Way ones are definitely in the running now! The caramel layer is to die for…
“These Look Absolutely Yummy and Delicious!!”
1 14-16 oz. bag mini marshmallows
6 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract optional
5-6 C. Rice Krispie Cereal
14 oz. caramels about 45 little caramel squares
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
6 Tbsp. butter
2 C. Chocolate chips
- Grease a 9 X13 inch pan and set aside.
- In a large microwave proof bowl (or in a large pot on the stove) melt marshmallows and butter together and stir until smooth. Add vanilla extract and stir again.
- Add in Rice Krispie Cereal and gently fold until combined. Add as much or as little as you want depending on if you like your treats chewier or more crispy.
- Dump into prepared pan and use a buttered spatula (or hand) to press the treats down flat.
- In a small sauce pan, melt caramels, sweetened condensed milk and butter together over medium heat. Stir occasionally and until smooth.
- Pour over rice krispies and let set, about 10 minutes or you can pop in the fridge to speed up the process.
- Melt chocolate over the stove or in a microwave (you can add a little butter or oil if you want it the be thinner) and then pour over caramel layer and use a spatula to spread out.
- Let set and cut with a warm knife.