1 pound ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
¼ cup water
8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
2 8 oz jar taco sauce
1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1½cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
1 large diced tomatoes
1 can sliced olives
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet heat the oil up on medium heat.
- Fry each tortilla in the oil just until lightly browned and crispy, remove and set aside on paper towels
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small pan on medium heat warm the refried beans
- Place a single layer of the beans on the crispy tortillas, followed by a layer of the taco meat, and 1 tablespoon of the taco sauce. Top with another tortilla. Spread 3-4 tablespoons of taco sauce, sprinkle some cheddar and jack cheese and top with a few tomatoes and olives.
- Bakes in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Remove from oven let set for 5 minutes top with chopped cilantro and slice
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Mexican Pizzas @ butteryourbiscuit.com