2 medium eggplants
½ lb. Italian Sausage
1 container ricotta cheese
½ c. parmesan cheese
2 tsp. dried parsley
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 c. marinara sauce
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Remove Italian Sausage from casings; brown over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine & mix ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, and garlic powder.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop out centers, leaving about ½ inch of flesh.
- Prepare a large baking pan by spreading 1 c. marinara sauce to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place eggplant halves on top of sauce.
- Spoon ricotta mixture evenly into eggplant, then top with cooked sausage, remaining marinara sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Original recipe visit: Lasagna Stuffed Eggplant @ lemontreedwelling.com