Dazzle your friends and family with this simple and delicious Holiday Peppermint Cake! It just may become a holiday tradition!
For the cake
1 box (15.25 oz.) white cake mix
1/2 cup water
3 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Torani Peppermint Flavoring Syrup
For the frosting
1/2 cup (1 stick) real butter, softened
3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tbsp. milk or water
2 tsp. pure peppermint extract
Crushed peppermint candy canes
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans; set aside.
- Place the dry cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Add water, vegetable oil, eggs, and Torani Peppermint Syrup. Mix until well combined. Pour into prepared pans
- Bake 20-25 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
For the frosting:
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, using 3 tbsp. milk or water.
- With an electric mixer, beat the ingredients on medium speed until well combined and fluffy. Only add the additional tablespoon of milk or water if frosting seems too thick.
- Frost cake.
- Gently press the crushed candy cane pieces into the side and onto the top of the cake.