3 cups cooked quinoa (equal to 1 cup uncooked quinoa)
2 & 1/2 cups oats (steel cut or quick cooking)
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I like minis!)
1/4 cup flaxseed
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (can use all natural)
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup honey
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package (takes about 15-20 minutes). You’ll need 2 cups of water for 1 cup of uncooked quinoa. Allow it to cool before moving forward.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cooked & cooled quinoa, oats, chocolate chips, and flaxseed in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add in the peanut butter, milk, and honey and stir to combine. *TIP* Spray the 1/4 cup with non-stick cooking spray before measuring the honey, it will ensure that it doesn’t stick to the cup.
- Spray an 8×8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Transfer the quinoa mixture to the baking pan and distribute evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 21-26 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the bars to cool. Cut and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Original recipe visit: Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quinoa Bars @ thefirstyearblog.com