1 1/2 cups almond flour (can sub for gluten free oat flour, if not strictly paleo)
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 T cocoa powder
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
pinch sea salt
1/4 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Granulated sweetener of choice*
1/2 cup homemade paleo ‘nutella’ (can sub for any nut or seed or soy nut butter)
1/4 cup maple syrup OR brown rice syrup (brown syrup is not paleo friendly)
Milk of choice**
1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your flour(s), protein powder (if using it), cocoa powder, salt, crumbled hazelnuts, granulated sweetener of choice and set aside.
- Add your paleo friendly nutella and mix into the dry mixture- It should be incredibly crumbly. Add your maple syrup/brown rice syrup and mix until fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, add milk of choice until a thick batter is formed.. If batter is too thin, add an extra spoonful of flour. If it’s too thick, add a dash more milk. If using chocolate chips too, add them in now
- Using your hands, form into small balls and place on a large plate or cookie sheet. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, or until firm.
* Adjust accordingly- If you prefer a sweeter cookie dough bite, add 1-2 tablespoons of granulated sweetener of choice.
** Adjust accordingly- Depending on what protein powder/coconut flour you use, you may need considerably more than you think!
These breakfast bites are best kept refrigerated, but taste amazing slightly thawed from the freezer. For a super fudgy bite, enjoy at room temperature.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Healthy No Bake ‘Nutella’ Cookie Dough Breakfast Bites @ thebigmansworld.com