1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 ripe banana
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups multigrain cheerios
1 cup raisins, semi sweet chocolate chips, nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, oats, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix coconut oil, peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 20-30 seconds. Whisk together, and then add egg, mashed banana pulp, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture until well combined. Add the cheerios and raisins or chocolate chips and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Drop 1/3 cup sized scoops onto a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until golden around the edges. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Healthy Breakfast Cookies @ lovelylittlekitchen.com