3 medium sweet potatoes
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup spinach, chopped
1 cup pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Cook sweet potatoes in microwave until soft.
- Peel sweet potatoes and add to large mixing bowl with: 1 cup almond flour, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar. (For an extra kick, add a pinch of chili powder.) Mash ingredients until well combined and the mixture takes on a doughy consistency.
- Use rubber spatula to spread on a Pizza Stone (you could also use a Silicon Baking Mat or greased baking sheet.)
- Cook dough at 400° for 30 minutes.
- While pizza dough is baking: shred 1 cup of pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, chop 1 cup spinach, and sauté one thinly sliced medium red onion until soft.
- Remove pizza dough from oven and spread 1/2 cup barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup tomato sauce on top.
- Cover pizza with shredded rotisserie chicken, chopped spinach, and red onions. Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Return pizza to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy!Use rubber spatula to spread on a Pizza Stone (you could also use a Silicon Baking Mat or greased baking sheet.)
Original recipe visit: Healthy Barbecue Chicken Pizza with Sweet Potato Crust @ thesoccermomblog.com