6 whole graham crackers
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
6 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
6 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg + 1 egg white
Pinch of salt
1 heaping tablespoon lemon zest
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Place the graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Drizzle in the melted butter and pulse again until the crumbs are moist and stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- Pour the crumbs into the prepared 8×8 pan and firmly press them into an even layer.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 6-7 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 300 degrees.
- Let the crust cool while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or using a handheld mixer beat the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the Greek yogurt, sugar and pinch of salt and beat again until smooth, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add in the egg and egg white and beat until smooth.
- Add in the lemon zest, juice and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour and beat until smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the cooled graham cracker crust then place it on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheesecake is set, but the center is still a little jiggly, don’t overbake.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before refrigerating them for at least 3 hours.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Greek Yogurt Lemon Cheesecake Bars @ spoonfulofflavor.com