Gluten-Free Thin Mint Cookies Recipe – Gluten-Free Vegan Thin Mints are so good you can’t eat just one.
Gluten-Free Thin Mint Cookies Recipe
Yield: 20 cookies
1 and 1/4 cup organic almond flour*
4 Tablespoons organic coconut oil*
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 Tablespoons maple syrup
pinch of pink salt
3/4 cup tapioca starch
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder, sifted
1 cup vegan chocolate chips, I use Enjoy Life
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 teaspoon coconut oil*
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a whisk, whip the coconut oil until smooth. Add the vanilla extract, maple syrup and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients: almond flour, tapioca starch and cocoa powder. With a wooden spoon, mix until fully combined. If the dough is too sticky add 1 Tablespoon at a time, altering between tapioca starch and almond flour until a dough forms.
- If the cookie dough becomes too oily after mixing, place it in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes to harden a bit.
- Sprinkle a clean surface with tapioca starch. (I like to use a non-slip mat, it makes removing the cookies easier.) Roll the dough out to about a 1/4 inch thickness. READ MORE
Recipe by: whereyougetyourprotein.com