1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
3 egg yolks
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
12 ounce bag chocolate chips good quality
- To a medium saucepan add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, egg yolks, evaporated milk and flour. Bring the mixture to a low boil over medium heat. Stir constantly for several minutes until the mixture is thickened. Remove from heat and stir vanilla, pecans and coconut.
- Pour mixture into a tupperware, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Place a piece of wax or parchment paper over a large plate or cookie sheet. Grease your hands with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop out small spoonfuls of the mixture and gently roll into a ball. Place the balls on the wax paper. Place them in the freezer for about 10-20 minutes, or until firm.
- When you’re ready to dip them, add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 15-20 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Use a fork to lower the balls into the melted chocolate, turning them to coat. Place on the sheet with wax paper and allow to set. If you live in a warmer/humid climate, place them in the fridge until set. Refrigerate, covered, to store.
Original recipe visit: German Chocolate Truffles @ tastesbetterfromscratch.com