1 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 to 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
2 large tomato, chopped
2 green onion, thinly sliced
3 cups pepper jack cheese, grated
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 bag tortilla chips
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add finely chopped white onions to the pan and sautee for 3 to 4 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add the ground beef and garlic and cook until the meat is no longer pink and lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain the grease from the pan and put back on the heat.
- Add the chili powder, red chili flakes, cumin and salt and stirring for another minute, until the seasonings are blended into the ground beef.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Divide half a bag of tortilla chips between two large baking pans.
- Divide half the seasoned ground beef over the top of the chips between the two pans.
- Next, sprinkle half of the pepper jack cheese and cheddar cheese over the ground beef.
- Top with the remaining tortilla chips.
- Top with the remaining ground beef next.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses on top of the beef.
- Place in a 325F oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, jalapenos and green onions.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
Optional * Add a can of beans, rinsed and drained to the ground beef. * Top with additional toppings such as olives, green or red peppers, white onions, crumbled bacon and avocado. * Mix and match different cheeses such as mozzarella, feta and monterey jack. * Substitute the cheese with a melted cheese sauce.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Game Day Loaded Nachos @ glitternspice.com