For the crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
7 tablespoons melted butter
For the glaze:
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 3-ounce package strawberry gelatin
1 cup water
For the filling:
5 cups strawberries tops sliced off
3/4 cup whipped cream or whipped topping
- For the crust: In a bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until thoroughly combined. Coat a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray and firmly press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan. Chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- For the glaze: Place the sugar, cornstarch and water in a medium saucepan. Stir until smooth. Turn the heat on medium-high and bring to a boil, cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the gelatin, mixing until gelatin is completely dissolved. Chill the glaze for 20-30 minutes to cool.
- Arrange the berries in the pie crust and pour the glaze evenly over the top. Chill for at least one hour, or up to 3 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and mint if desired. Cut into slices and serve.
Original recipe and Nutrition Facts visit: Fresh Strawberry Pie @ dinneratthezoo.com