Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes are delicious chocolate cupcakes stuffed with Ferrero Rocher candy and topped with decadent Nutella frosting. This rich chocolate cupcake recipe is easy to make, can be made in under an hour, and must be tried if you call yourself a chocolate lover.
Yield: 12 cupcakes
For Chocolate Cupcakes:
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 Ferrero Rocher (frozen)
For Chocolate Nutella Frosting:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup Nutella
4 oz semisweet baking chocolate
2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tespoon vanilla
12 Ferrero Rocher
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line standard cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- With electric mixer beat together oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract on medium speed until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Cupcake liners should be about 2/3 full. First add about 1 tablespoon of the batter, then place unwrapped (frozen) Ferrero Rocher in each cup and add remaining batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean (it takes about 16-20 minutes)
- Wait the cupcakes to cool completely before icing
- To make the frosting melt 4 oz chocolate and let it cool to a room temperature.
- Beat the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy, then add cream cheese and mix well.
- Add vanilla, salt, Nutella,cocoa and melted chocolate and mix it well to combine evenly.
- Set the frosting in the fridge for 15 minutes to set, then frost the cupcakes and garnish with Ferrero Rocher.
- Store in the fridge until serving.