Eggnog Cupcakes Recipe – These Eggnog Cupcakes are made from scratch with my favorite spice cake and topped with creamy eggnog frosting. The perfect holiday treat!
Yield: 24 Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
5 egg whites, room temperature
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 cup cake flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger
For the Frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp rum flavoring
4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup low fat eggnog
For the cupcakes:
- Line 24 cupcake tins with paper lines. Set aside.
- In small bowl, mix egg whites and 1/4 cup buttermilk. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Slowly add in egg white mixture. Beat in remaining buttermilk.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
- Beat butter for 3 minutes until fluffy. Add in nutmeg, rum flavoring, powdered sugar and eggnog. Beat for an additional 3-5 minutes until fluffy.
- Pipe onto cupcakes using your favorite decorator tip. Add a sprinkle of nutmeg if desired! ENJOY.