For the Crust
1 and ½ cups Cassava Flour
5 tbsp organic refined coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp very warm water
1 and ½ tsp fine grain sea salt
¾ tsp onion powder (optional)
For the Toppings
6 slices uncured, sugar free bacon, cooked and drained
2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
1 medium tomato thinly sliced
3-4 eggs, fried, or cooked to preference
Fresh basil, chopped or torn
Salt & Pepper
- To make the crust, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the cassava flour, salt, egg, coconut oil and warm water in a medium bowl and mix with your hands until a smooth dough forms. Sprinkle with onion powder if desired.
- Place the dough on parchment paper and either press it down with your hands or roll it out to about ¼ inch thickness. The thicker the dough, the chewier the crust will be. If the dough cracks, simply mend it with your fingers (no need for perfection!)
- Place the crust on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper (the same one you used to roll the dough is fine)
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until light browned and crisp. While the crust bakes, prepare the toppings.
- To top the pizza, layer the spinach, cooked bacon, sliced tomatoes, fried eggs*, and fresh basil over the crust.
- Cut into slices with a pizza wheel and enjoy!
*You can fry your eggs sunny side up as I did, or cook them however you like – scrambled, poached, etc.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Easy Paleo BLT Breakfast Pizza with Cassava Flour @ paleorunningmomma.com