I’ve been making this Braised Herb Balsamic Chicken recipe for years and it’s one of my family’s favorite weekday meals! 285 calories and 5 Weight Watchers SP.
Servings: 4 Servings
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
8 (3 1/2 oz. each) boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil divided
1 onion thinly sliced
1 red or yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
salt and pepper if desired
- In a small bowl, stir together the oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture over the chicken thighs.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining ½ teaspoon olive oil. Add the onion and red bell pepper, and cook until the vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then nestle the chicken thighs into the tomato mixture. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.