1 large egg
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1 and 1/3 cups flour
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raspberries for garnish
100ml heavy cream
100g chocolate chips
- Start with making chocolate ganache so that it cools down until you finish frying pancakes. Heat heavy cream in a saucepan. Remove from heat once it simmers. You can watch the ganache video above.
- Pour over chocolate chips and let it sit for 5 minutes without stirring. Then whisk them well until it turns into a smooth and silky ganache. Wait it until it reaches room temperature before pouring it over pancakes.
- To make pancakes, in a medium bowl whisk together egg and sugar until creamy. Add in milk and sunflower oil, whisk until combined well.
- In another bowl whisk dry ingredients and sift it into the wet ingredients. Whisk until combined well. IT will be a thick batter. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat a pano ver medium heat and either spread a little butter over it or brush with a little sunflower oil. Scoop the batter onto the panusing a 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until you see bubbles on the top, for about 1 minute or so. Flip them over and cook for another 1 minute. Repeat this until you finish the batter.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and pour chocolate ganache over them. Let the chocolate flow down. Wait for 2-3 minutes so that the ganache sets a bit and then top with raspberries. Serve immediately.
Original recipe visit: Double Chocolate Pancakes @ giverecipe.com