Just 3 ingredients and insanely easy prep (use your rice cooker or Instant Pot) make this delicious coconut quinoa with lime zest recipe a go-to side dish or breakfast option… Total winner!
Recipe by: unsophisticook.com
1 cup quinoa, rinsed if necessary
1 (13.66-oz.) can of coconut milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 small lime, zested and juiced
- Check the quinoa package to see if your quinoa needs rinsed. If it does, pour 1 cup of quinoa into a fine mesh strainer and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Place quinoa, canned coconut milk, water, and salt into the rice cooker.
- I use the quick cook setting on my Zojirushi Umami Rice Cooker, and then press the start button to start the cooking process.
- The rice cooker will beep after about 30 minutes. For a standard rice cooker without all of the bells and whistles, one cooking cycle should be enough to do it. Note that you should let the quinoa set for about 4-5 minutes after it’s done cooking and then fluff it.
- Stir in the zest and juice of one small lime to taste, adjust the salt as desired, and it’s ready to serve.
Cooking Quinoa in an Instant Pot