1 envelope graham crackers, crushed
5 Tbs sugar
1/2 cup shredded sweetend coconut
6 Tbs butter
3 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 Tbs cornstarch
1/2 cup, shredded sweetened coconut diced fine in food processor
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp coconut extract (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs, beaten
7 oz coconut milk
1 tub whipped cream or homemade
1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together your graham cracker crumbs, sugar and coconut and stir until combined.
- Add in your butter and mix well again.
- Press into a sprayed 9″ spring-form pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until edges are slightly golden, remove from oven and let sit.
- Lower your oven temp to 325.
- In large bowl add your cream cheese and with hand mixer mix until smooth.
- Add in your sugar, cornstarch, coconut, extracts and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add in your egg, mixing well after each addition.
- Lastly add in your coconut milk and blend together.
- Pour into your spring-form pan and place inside a roasting pan and fill halfway with water so its up the sides of your spring-for pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is slightly jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before wrapping in tinfoil and chilling for 8 hours to overnight.
- Once chilled spread whipped cream over top of cheesecake reserving some for piping if deisred.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve.
If you’re afraid your spring-form pan is not water tight, add tinfoil around edges
Original recipe visit: Coconut Cream Cheesecake @ tornadoughalli.com