Classic Pecan Snowball Cookies Recipe – Classic Pecan Snowball Cookies are the perfect treat for your holiday cookie platter. These crowd pleasers come together so easily. Made with a melt in your mouth shortbread base, chopped pecans and covered with powdered sugar.
Servings: 32 cookies
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour measured correctly – spoon & sweep method
3/4 – 1 cup finely chopped pecans
More powdered sugar for rolling cookies – about 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or using your hand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and slowly add flour and mix until just combined. Fold in chopped pecans. beating at low speed, scraping bowl as necessary, until well mixed.
Roll dough into 2 tablespoon sized dough balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Repeat until all the dough is used up. *I recommend chilling the dough for 30 minutes in the fridge so the cookies stay round but you can choose to bake them right away if desired.
- Bake cookies for 14 – 15 minutes until bottoms are just slightly brown – rotating pans halfway through. Be careful not to over-bake.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking pan for about 2 minutes until you can handle them comfortably with your hands.
Meanwhile, sift 1/2 cup powdered sugar into a medium bowl. While cookies are still warm, roll them in powdered sugar. Place cookies on a cooling rack, once they have cooled completely, roll them in powdered sugar again.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.