2 tablespoons of melted butter or baking spray
2 cans (12.4 oz each) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing (icing reserved)
½ cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped Pecans
¼ cup maple syrup + 1 teaspoon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into a 3 quart baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 6 pieces – place the chopped cinnamon rolls over the melted butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, cinnamon & vanilla until combined. Drizzle the mixture over the cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with ¼ cup maple syrup.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove covers from the icing; microwave for about 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Stir in 1 teaspoon of maple syrup. Drizzle over the cinnamon roll casserole.
Original recipe, more pictures, and notes of recipe visit: Cinnamon Roll Casserole @ mrshappyhomemaker.com