If you need a ridiculously easy, no-bake dessert for a party, holiday cookie exchange, or just have a spur of the moment craving for chocolate and peanut butter, these Ritz cookies are perfect!
48 Ritz crackers or buttery golden round crackers
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup marshmallow creme
1 pound chocolate, coarsely chopped and melted for dipping (see notes in blog post for chocolate recommendations)
holiday sprinkles, optional but recommended
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Lay 24 crackers on a baking sheet; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the peanut butter, marshmallow creme, and stir to combine.
- Evenly spread a thin (not paper thin, but not too thick either) layer of the peanut butter-marshmallow mixture on the 24 crackers on the baking sheet.
- Top with the remaining 24 crackers, creating sandwiches; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the chopped chocolate and heat on high power in 15 to 30 second bursts, stirring after each burst, until chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- Dip each stack into the chocolate using one or two forks, allowing the excess to drip off. Place dipped stacks on baking sheet.
- Optionally add sprinkles, to taste.
- Place baking sheet in the fridge or freezer until chocolate has hardened before serving.
- Stacks will keep airtight at room temp for up to 2 weeks, in the fridge for up to 1 month, or in the freezer for at least 4 months. I store them in the fridge because it’s warm in San Diego and they get a bit too soft at room temp.